As a leading provider of medical supplies for care at home, Shield HealthCare understands the demanding role of today’s caregivers. Whether family caregivers or healthcare professionals, caring for a person with chronic medical needs requires extra special attention and dedication.
Shield HealthCare offers tools and resources to support caregivers.
- More than 50 million people provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during any given year .
- Approximately 60% of family caregivers are women.
- 30% of family caregivers caring for seniors are age 65 or over.
- The typical family caregiver is a 46-year-old, married, and employed woman caring for her widowed mother who does not live with her.
- 1.4 million children ages 8 to 18 provide care for an adult relative; 72% are caring for a parent or grandparent. Fortunately, most are not the sole caregiver.
Source: National Family Caregivers Association
National Family Caregivers Association
Today’s Caregiver Magazine
Family Caregiver Alliance
|“Are You Ready to be a Family Caregiver?”|
Available on Amazon.com:
The Love of Caring – A Collection of 100 Heartfelt Caregiver Stories